No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW iX, Porsche GT4 RS

Garage List
2022 M5 CS  [10.00]
2022 BMW iX  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davil View Post
Hate to burst his bubble but no way on earth there will be a manual CS in the G series. Of course no DCT either.

G series M3/4 is supremely capable but too refined for me. The G series M2 will carry on this recipe no doubt as that's what most people want.

I find it takes away from the joy of driving. But maybe that's me? What I love most about F87 platform is that it's not that refined. It's an angry little terrier that's fun at all speeds. I also have no intention of ever selling it, so the investment aspect means nothing to me.

If you get enjoyment from stats, racetrack times achieved by professional drivers, comfort & refinement over a raw connection then the G series will be better.
The only way there will be a new manual CS/CSL in the G series M2 is if BMW developed a new manual for the 3.0 CSL, and decides to carry it over to a series production version of the M2. If they just really use the regular manual from an m3/m4 in the 3.0 CSL (because there are so few, deal with any failures) or bring out an older manual (like the f10 M5 gearbox) for that car, then you won't see a high HP G series m2 manual.

But if they made a new manual transmission, I could see them offering it once the G series M3/M4 is out of production. If they do that, and offer it in an M2, that will be a very special car that everyone will want one of. That will likely be the defacto car to have and keep.

We'll know in a few months if thats the case, everyone get your deposits ready.
Appreciate 1
virosky82.00