Thread: 1M for M2...
View Single Post
      10-25-2016, 12:59 PM   #39
Encinitas CA M2+M5 Owner
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2 Long Beach Blue

I had the same situation recently but with a different twist.

I wanted to purchase either a 1m or a m2. I now have driven both and both are A plus cars in my opinion. I tracked Down the last remaing 1m "like "new car ... That's right one dealer still has one left .. It is white and has only 998 miles on it... I went to look at it ... It is located on the second floor of century city BMW in studio city California.. On the second floor of the dealership... It is pristine flawless mint cond with a price tag at 72,500.00

You cannot really compare the two unless you start from scratch mileage wise. And even with 5 k preimum you come out on top for the M2 because of the warranty.. If you can still get a 2016 you gonna get 2500 more warranty and that is the key.. You have the ability to drive repair and maintence free.. And if you drive a car hard like me you are gonna use the warranties.

In my opinion the M2 drives better overall.. .It is not fair to compare but the 5 years makes an amazing difference ..especially with yearly improvements. It was a close call.. The last one... Out there not even broken in (1250miles)... Waiting for just the right person. But this personnel preference like a great blonde over a super hot redhead both a drop dead A plus car. As far as keeping value my advice is drive the car while you still can and enjoy it ...forgetabout exit resale... For me the LLB color and in my opinion one of the greatest BMW colors ever,and over all handing made the choice easy but I bow my head in respect to a great 1M ride...

Last edited by Encinitas CA M2+M5 Owner; 10-25-2016 at 01:08 PM..
Appreciate 1