Thread: Half-Life Alyx
View Single Post
      12-06-2019, 09:03 AM   #13
Conissah
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

For those of you who don't have a VR headset, I HIGHLY recommend the Oculus Quest. While it doesn't have the refresh rate of other headsets, the wireless setup is amazing. That being said, to play Alyx on the Quest you will need to run Oculus Link, and also have an NVidia GPU. I MUCH prefer the Oculus setup over the Vive, especially the controllers.

If you have a red GPU, then you either buy the Rift S or wait until Link supports AMD. If you don't mind cables and have no desire to every take your headset with you, then (again) grab the Rift S.

You can actually maintain the wireless-ness of the Quest and play SteamVR games via Virtual Desktop and some APK Sideloading, but that may not be for everyone. Just figured I'd give the Quest a shoutout. The roomscale is amazing, tracking is great, comfort is A+, controllers are perfect, and at $400 it can't be beat for it's price. Sure there are better VR setups out there, but they all have wires, therefore tethering you to your PC, and they all cost more. 10/10, would buy again.
Appreciate 0