View Single Post
      11-19-2019, 09:59 PM   #12
Wattens
Private
Rep
Drives: OG M2, 4C, Bentley GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezil View Post
I don't want to start and argument, but I think what you're saying is a little unfair...

To start with, your complaint with the GFB DV+ is the first I've heard of, and similarly this is also the first time I've heard of the Turbosmart alternative.

You suggest that to replace the diverter valve requires "[removing the] front sway bar and removing a coolant pipe from the water pump resulting in a full coolant flush", but this is simply untrue. There are several videos and forum posts that show this is not necessary. It is necessary to remove the stiffening plate, and though not necessary, unbolting the water pump but not disconnecting any pipes helps with access.

The DV+ itself re-uses the solenoid portion of the factory diverter valve, which itself has no moving parts. Everything else, including all moving parts, are replaced with machined metal parts. Three replacement screws are supplied and they too fit into the turbo perfectly. It also has the same plug because the solenoid is factory... therefore it just plugs in.

I don't want to suggest that fitting the DV+ is easy; it's a royal pain, but that's not the fault of the product, and I wonder if your mechanic did something wrong when installing the DV+ which caused it to fail.

The Turbosmart option is probably great, and since I've not seen it or installed it myself I'm not qualified to comment, but I feel that you're unfairly bashing the DV+ product... no-one else seems to have had anything but praise for it... myself included.
You're not looking for an argument? But your whole reply is just bashing my first-hand experience...

I couldn't care less if you had a good experience with DV+, I didn't and I only brought it up as someone wanted to know more about it. So I gave them my experience.

How long did it take you to change your DV?
Because my mechanic did it in 30 minutes from hoist up to hoist down, by dropping things to make it easier to access. The time he saved on labor went into new coolant. I'd rather pay for new coolant in my car than wasted labor costs...
Also in my first post, I believe I said: "it is near impossible to do without moving the coolant pipes out of the way." I'm well aware you don't have to remove the water pump and sway, but it makes it next level easier if you do.

This guy in the link below took 8 hours to get the OEM DV off on his 235i and still complained that he couldn't see a lot of what he was doing and was doing things by feel. If only he made his life easier by dropping the coolant...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4NvxLuLILg

My car's still running the OEM plastic charge pipes, so by your logic the others out there that have failed did something wrong?

You don't even know how it failed and why it's made my OEM part useless, yet you're telling me the product is fine...

You're not a DV+ reseller by any chance?

Wow this is the last time I reply to someones innocent question about DV+
Appreciate 0