View Single Post
      11-10-2019, 09:56 AM   #1
emtwo
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW

Buying Advice

Hello everyone,

I’m looking at getting a M2/M2C in the next few months and would appreciate if some owners could weigh in.

I currently live in Southwestern Ontario and am planning to daily the car (including during the winter). Went to a dealership recently and the salesperson said that wasn’t really a viable strategy and really discouraged me from trying to daily the car during the winter. I was a little confused since I’ve seen a few posts on this forum with people driving them during the winter. Am I looking at outliers or is it really not possible to drive the M2 in a Canadian winter (urban mostly with some 401 driving).

My other questions are the following:

1. How are lease rates within Canada now for the M2C? I saw the regular M2 leasing for 900-1100. Is the M2C similarly priced?
2. How is the bootspace? Could I fit 2 large suitcases in the boot without putting seats down? Or 1 large and other small suitcases?
3. Would really appreciate people weighing in on daily driving the M2 including winter and potential other daily driver niggles. I’m in my 20’s so a stiffer ride isn’t a huge concern.
4. How much did the “winter package” cost for the M2? The BMW sales rep said it’s $5000 for winter tires/wheels. I was planning on sizing down for the winter and getting Bridgestone Blizzaks / Michelin X-Ice. Overall $5000 seemed a little steep to me but correct me if I’m wrong.

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0