Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 WRX World Rally Blue

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMK View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick4345 View Post
Sounds to me like you're going to get your four oil changes. The break in service light is just a reminder to get the break in done. You got the oil change and it sounds like, if I'm reading right, that you will get at least four in by the time your warranty expires. You're not going to get five or an unlimited amount during that four years.

If a person drives a ton of miles and reaches 50,000 miles before their four years are up, they've used all their oil changes. Now someone like me, who has a 2017 with 12,000 miles on it, only gets the oil changed once a year. It's called Condition Based Servicing.

Having to get a break in service done is just part of owning an M car versus a regular car. That being said, a person that doesn't own an M isn't going to get any more oil changes than you are.
We have four year free maintenance, from my understanding, that means one free oil change a year for four years, so four oil changes. For an M car, a break in service is added at 2000km, so five oil changes for me. And if someone drove 80000km in two years, he is still going to get the four oil changes, and if it's an M car, plus a break in service.

So what my dealer did does not affect the first three yearly oil changes, but when I go in for the fourth, the car would be out of warranty for a few months. That is what is concerning me.
I bought mine in November of 2017. It was a trade in with 895 miles on. One of our customers decided he wanted a 911 worse.

My car came with a four year or 50,000 mile warranty. The service agreement was for three years or 36,000 miles. Two totally separate things. My three years are up but I still have another year on the warranty. The service is on my dime. That's why I bought a set of race ramps and keep my favorite Liqui Moly supplier's phone number close by.