View Single Post
      09-03-2019, 11:24 AM   #20
Slyphen
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Garage List
I had the chance to test drive a 981 Cayman GTS and a M2C with DCT over the weekend, thought it would make my decision process easier... NOPE!

The M2C being a newer car naturally has its appeals. It pulls hard, shift hard, the low end torque is just amazing! Also, the practicality! I was able to sit in the back comfortably. However, i do feel the weight of the car during corners. The seating position is pretty high, at least to what i'm used to, and the interior is a little more to be desired. Additionally, the moment you drive one off the dealership, the value tanks by 15-20%...

The GTS on the other hand, slightly older (2016 MY), but its the last of the NA Flat 6 cayman. The GTS of course have less horsepower, but it still pulls pretty hard due to its light weight. The one thing i did notice the most is the swiftness of PDK vs the DCT. The DCT is quick, but PDK is on a whole another level! Its my first time driving a PDK, so i was really impressed and all the legends and tales are true! The car also felt more planted around corners and the NA flat 6 sounds so good! That being said, it doesn't have a back seat, and the trunk/fronk are pretty small in comparison to the M2. Its also a bit older, so I have to consider maintenance on a Porsche which could cost a kidney.

In the end, i walked out of the dealerships more conflicted than before... but i think the Porsche might have a slight edge at the moment.
Appreciate 0