View Single Post
      08-02-2019, 07:32 PM   #18
KeepItlow
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: Car

A month ago I sold my 18 M2 LCI Manual and bought a low km well optioned 16 Cayman GT4 981, as others have said the total balance of midship engine, driving dynamics, suspension setup, steering/gearbox/clutch feel is all on another level not comparable to the M2. This is my 10th manual performance car from different manufactures, so I know what I’m looking for

My opinion after owning the M2 is there’s alot of useable torque in the low rev range for street use, can take the car anywhere with good ride height. M2 steering feel is good but not great, rubbery poppy gearshift is not for everyone, my clutch pedal has this feint click sometimes since new. Suspension setup is crashy at times, unsettles the car when you hit a bump while mid corner. The crooked seat pointing outward means everytime I shift to 2nd gear I find my elbow hitting the side seat bolster. Wasn’t able to get a test drive at the time because I preordered the M2 LCI way before it was released and no dealer around me had a manual M2 also.

The depreciation on the M2 is really bad in Aus, a near new demo or used 18 M2c is the same price as a used 17/18 M2 LCI, which will soon be pushing their price even further down.

PS. I’ve also owned 15 Renault Megane RS265 Cup Premium which I tracked a lot before, other than build quality issues the F4RT engine and gearbox is bulletproof, steering/ gearbox/clutch feel is certainly better than M2.
Appreciate 0