View Single Post
      07-14-2019, 11:27 AM   #13
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosely View Post
Thanks for the detailed reply! I had been following that thread too. I'm going to fiddle around with the endlinks. I also saw on the F80 forum that the rubber boot on the strut can be the culprit, so I'm going to have a look at that. Other thing to check is the torque on the top mount bolt supposedly. Let us know if you figure yours out and I'll do the same!
I just realized you're the one who made the giant KW v3 install guide. So you probably replaced the bolts I listed when you installed your coilovers.

Quick update from me. My DP arrived damaged, so I have to wait a bit longer to proceed with my suspension noise ideas. Back when I had my KW's and sway bars installed, my mechanic and I went through and replaced every bolt he took out. I was kinda hoping we missed the bolts I mentioned above, but so far that doesn't seem to be the case. Because my mechanic gave me back all of the "not reused" bolts from the install and they match the stiffening plate bolts I got in the mail Friday. I have 12 in my bag, which is 8 stiffening plate bolts and 4 rear suspension brace bolts. So seems to me they were replaced during the install. Either way, they have to get replaced again with the downpipe install, so it's not like I bought them for no reason.

Once I get the carrier bolts and top hat bolts in the mail, I'll compare them to them to my bag of "not reused" bolts and see if they were replaced already too.
Appreciate 0