View Single Post
      07-13-2019, 02:17 PM   #12
Mosely
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 | '20 X5 | '07 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1s View Post
There is some more talk of front suspension noises here. https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1425894

Mine appeared after installing the KW v3's and Dinan front and rear bars.

In the next week or so I'm getting a DP installed and will also be replacing the strut carrier nuts and bolts, the stiffening plate bolts, and retorquing the axle support bolts. Actually, there is no front axle, so funny BMW calls it "front axle support bolts"

Other thoughts are to drive with the end links disconnected to see if the noise goes away, if it does the end links could be the culprit. Also to replace the strut top mount bolts. Maybe replace the top mounts and bolts too. I'll explore these things if the above doesn't solve my issue.

Here is a pdf I was sent of BMW's diagnosis procedure. They also list re-lubricating the wheel bearings. It's $60 for the recommended lube though and seems like a big process that I don't want to get into at this point.
Thanks for the detailed reply! I had been following that thread too. I'm going to fiddle around with the endlinks. I also saw on the F80 forum that the rubber boot on the strut can be the culprit, so I'm going to have a look at that. Other thing to check is the torque on the top mount bolt supposedly. Let us know if you figure yours out and I'll do the same!

Appreciate 0