View Single Post
      06-20-2019, 03:27 PM   #1
beevanka
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 6MT

Unhappy 17 m2 6mt Clunk/Thump noise while shifting into gears

Hi Guys, my 17 M2 6mt has been making a clunk and thump sound while shifting into gears, and it's coming from the rear and under the car.

It happens while shifting from N-1st, N-2nd, and also to reverse. (It's not obvious if you shift very very very gently, but it's very obvious just normal driving)

Also, while low-speed cruising downshifting from 4th-3rd, and 3rd-2nd, and N-1st(Uphill in particular)

I went to the dealer a few times for this issue, dealer replaced the transmission unit since they couldn't find anything loose or wrong under the car either, but the noise remains on the car, now, what's more, is that now I feel it's hard to shift into gears, especially from 4th to 3rd after the replacement of the manual trans, is that because the transmission is new?

Anyways, the thump and clunk noise is very annoying to me, I never had this kind of issue on my last car(m235i 6mt)

This m2 has never been on the track, It's pretty much my daily driver, I have about 24k miles on it.

I'm scheduling another appointment for this issue in about a week...I'll update it then and probably will record a video.

I read some people have this issue on the forum but some people don't, I'm confused and would like to find out if this is normal and curious to see if anyone was able to get it fixed.

Last edited by beevanka; 06-23-2019 at 04:21 PM..
Appreciate 0