View Single Post
      06-14-2019, 12:20 AM   #15
///Mowgli
Malaysia
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isty View Post
News update: buying a house that we've rented for a year, budget getting reduced to M2 being top of the pick at the moment.

Also went to test M2C in both manual and DCT form and was pretty amazed by the S55 in that car, also kinda enjoyed the more muted, no pops and bangs, soundtrack from that car. Will definitely own a M2C at some point aswell, buying one now would mean high depreciation and high road taxes(new rules in Sweden since july 2018).

M2 DCT highest on the list now by far since I didn't really think M2C was that more special than a "OG" M2.

Budget alternatives until I saved up for a GT4 are Fiesta ST, GT86/brz and Megane RS.
Any opinions on them?
The Megane 3 RS is a good option. Don't knock the front wheel drive layout it hooks you into corners like it's on rails and the tail loves wagging when you ease off the safety net.

I've owned one for nearly 7 years and it still puts a smile on my face. Even when I bought an E90 M3 there was no question of replacing it. On roads with tighter corners it beats the E90 hands down.

I'm saving up for a M2C but I don't think it'll be a replacement for the Megane.
Appreciate 0