05-10-2019, 08:20 PM   #11
Flacht3
Not Enough Garage Space
Rep
Drives: STO /765LTS/ Macan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isty View Post
Yep, just a question of how much I wanna get into debt :|
I'm usually the first person to preach the advice of being financially conservative but in this situation I'd actually encourage you to consider the GT4 or GTS if it's not going to cause hardship...Here's why:

1// I'd wait and see when the 718 GT4 is unveiled. As long as it's still NA, it should send the 981 prices down and get it closer to your budget

2// The price difference isn't astronomical. Over the amortized amount of the loan, the monthly payments shouldn't be radically different. But if that difference is going to cause hardship then move on.

3// Think about how much more you'd enjoy the GT4...or do you think you'd be perfectly content with the M2? If you're going to spend the money on the M2 and then start regretting the choice right away then you'll likely end up spending money on an upgrade sooner rather than later anyways. Especially if you know you'll get the itch to upgrade and then lose on M2 depreciation, taxes, etc. when you could have just been in the other car to begin with (I'm making some assumptions here, which brings me to my next point)...

4// Not that this should be the biggest factor but think about the depreciation...a GT4 or 718 GTS will likely lose less absolute overall value (buying preowned, and likely deprecating slower as they're NA cars) vs. M car values seem to sink faster than a concrete block these days.

I've been told I enable people to make bad decisions. Keep my track record going and jump into the GT4/GTS.