Drives: BMWs

Garage List
2023 BMW S1000RR  [0.50]
2022 BMW F900XR  [3.00]
2022 BMW X6 40i  [0.50]
2020 BMW M2C  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCHOI View Post
Thanks for the input. I've actually broken down to 3 choices I have in town. Formula 1 and Huper optik each has 1 authorized dealer in town. The other one is lummar ctx. I want to get forumula 1 but this shop doesn't offer a low enough tint % for me. The lowest they have is 35% and their reason is because of the law. I agree that I wouldn't want to go lower than 20% either. I'm planning on going to the Huper optik shop just to see what they have to offer and how those films look on the car. Based on my reseach Huper optik is the top of the line you can get and it's gonna cost the most. I would be satisfied just getting lummar ctx for a reasonable price if I don't go with the other 2.
Huper Optix is a quality film and requires an equally experienced installer. My understanding is they do not make a dedicated auto film, which is why it is so thick and requires experience to install. This was my first choice but I backed away b/c of potential CA issues.

Huper Optix offers three levels of film...HO Xtreme (a dyed film), HO Ceramic (what I wanted) or HO Select (a metal film). Xtreme is their low end, Ceramic some people have had problems and others not, Select is their top of the line but has ceramic (have not confirmed) and metal in it. I did find one recent install of Select where the fellow said he did not have a problem.

I called HO tech support and they recommended that I use their Autobahn Performa, which is an IR film. HO owns Autobahn and other than Performa the other Autobahn films are rebranded HO films.

FYI, if you do choose a ceramic the darker you go the more potential for interference. Some people with 35% said they did not have a problem but also did not say which HO film they used. The HO Select guy used 35% and said he did not have a problem but 35% (Drei) is the darkest Select gets.

As for IR rejection you may want to investigate (I did not) range of IR that is rejected. I did read some posts where people stated that the reason some IR numbers were so high is b/c the film only rejects a very narrow range of IR vs. the entire IR band.

Let us know what you use and how it works out for you.

Last edited by omasou; 10-21-2016 at 11:34 AM..
Appreciate 1
D CHOI581.00