Detailers Domain
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 20 M2C / 22 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTHRAR View Post
DetailersDomain

I already have Xpel installed, but for something like Opticoat/CQuartz Finest/Nanolex, this can be done after you have had the car for some time, correct? The reason I ask is that I currently do detailing myself (Part of the Obsessed Garage group), and try to maintain as best I can, but my car is not my daily driver. I was wondering if this is something that is necessary for my situation.

Yes you can coat the car after you wrap it.

Context: I currently use a foam canon with Adams Car Shampoo, two bucket method, (clayed on my first wash), and then dry (using detail spray as a drying aid when not applying H20 G&G). Currently, I use Adams H20 G&G as my only sealant/wax application. Would you consider this good practice if I reapply the H20 G&G every 2 or 3 washes (usually wash my car about every two weeks)?

My car is garage kept and not a DD, so I figure that I don't need to go overboard as it is usually up to par from a cleanliness standpoint. I'm just trying to determine whether or not a nano coating is necessary if you continually upkeep your car. I know it makes it easier from a maintenence standpoint as the sheeting properties are excellent. I have also thought about doing CQuartz UK myself. With having Xpel, I'm nervous about using any sort of paste waxes and having them get caught on the edges, so nano coatings/spray sealants/waxes would be my preference. I'm also nervous about Machine polishing as I've never done it before, so once it's time for a full correction, I'm not sure what I'll do...

Sorry for the long explanation, but I feel as if there is so many different products and methods, I don't know where to begin. I also want to know if my process is "up to snuff" if you will.
Coatings are not necessary but I feel they are great it provides a longer period of time before details and washes. I like knowing there is a barrier there of protection just in case.
Appreciate 0