View Single Post
      04-09-2020, 09:44 AM   #185
///Monika
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 X3 M40i & '18 M2

So I have a possible concern over the LPFP line placement. The OEM line is in two sections. The HPFP hard line which is secured by [2] 13mm bolts (underneath a large wiring block) and a flex line that routes to the OEM fuel line. When you remove the hard line and flex line, you're provided with a new flex line (braided). The instructions indicate to route this behind the HPFP, through a new provided mount (keeps it off the engine) and underneath the wire harness (where the hard line was mounted).

So in short, the line is pretty close (OK really close if not touching) to the engine in this routing pattern. The new line is much larger (than the hard line) and there is really no room underneath the wiring block. So rather than run the line underneath, we ran it over the wire block. The manifold looks like it'll clear without issues and this keeps it away from the engine.

I'm not sure how many people have actually performed the install but I'd like to hear what others think. Sometimes it's one of those, if you have to ask situations but this is also good for others performing the install.
Appreciate 0