View Single Post
      03-03-2019, 03:39 AM   #228
Fedorov
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i G20

Garage List
Read the whole thread now, very interesting.
Many years ago I bought a 7 inch IC from one of the companies participating in this thread. I did not know as much then as I do now and thought that bigger is generally better. I have no doubts that the IC did perform well but since I was not heavily modded (intake, charge pipe, 7" IC and custom tune, appr. 380-390bhp) the IC introduced noticable lag, a good second from foot down to turbos kicking in.

Now, when I have an M2 with, as far as I can tell, minimal lag I really don't want to introduce ANY lag but I'm really interested in getting the temps down.

To be honest, I will only drive on the street and rarely pushes the car to the max. If IŽd ever track I really don't care about more power because I don't have the skills to push the car I'd reckon.. Maayybe in the future I'd possibly to a stage 1 tune but that's it.

But if I where to upgrade the FMIC and want NO lag, could you guys with experience back up that there is no more lag with, for example, a VRSF/CSF/Wagner 5" than with the stock FMIC? I mean, I'd almost rather skip upgrading at all than risking the introduction of noticable lag. And with noticable I mean measurable in tenths of seconds on a 0-100 km/h time.
Appreciate 0