View Single Post
      12-17-2018, 04:07 PM   #17
Proctor750
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E30 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGM2C View Post
There are brake ducts in the front bumper either side of the lower center opening, prime position for high pressure air. Unfortunately they stop short of a custom silicon hose attached to the brake shields millimeters away from the rotors type of setup, instead making do with aiming air at the hat from the fender liner but that's significantly better than nothing which is what most cars have to deal with.

The rear brakes are the same brembo OEMs as I have on my GTR (which doesn't have ducts) and the fronts are probably also some custom brembo OEM caliper, do BMW ever make their own calipers? I think you'll find you are right about the seals and they wont hold up to heat, maybe there's some aftermarket higher temp seals that can be swapped in when they fail?
Ah thanks, yes I knew they outsource to ATE, Girling in the past, Brembo etc these days. The specs are just different than a true performance aftermarket setup so maybe you are right and being brembo they should have "uprated" rebuild kits for them?
But then you weigh in the fact that they BARELY clear the 19s (scary) and the lack of rubber/wheel choices.... It makes me think an 18 with aftermarket calipers would be a more logical choice. I should shutup if I ever want to sell these..
Appreciate 0