View Single Post
      12-17-2018, 04:02 PM   #15
OGM2C
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proctor750 View Post
Does anyone have any experience with the BMW calipers on track? What coating did they use on the pistons? How do the seals hold up (how long before they fry and crisp up without ducting)? What is their longevity before rebuild like compared to say a stoptech setup?
There are brake ducts in the front bumper either side of the lower center opening, prime position for high pressure air. Unfortunately they stop short of a custom silicon hose attached to the brake shields millimeters away from the rotors type of setup, instead making do with aiming air at the hat from the fender liner but that's significantly better than nothing which is what most cars have to deal with.

The rear brakes are the same brembo OEMs as I have on my GTR (which doesn't have ducts) and the fronts are probably also some custom brembo OEM caliper, do BMW ever make their own calipers? I think you'll find you are right about the seals and they wont hold up to heat, maybe there's some aftermarket higher temp seals that can be swapped in when they fail?