View Single Post
      12-17-2018, 09:18 AM   #4
Proctor750
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E30 M3

It was a warm day but not ideal conditions. Regardless I thought BMW learned their lesson with single ear diff on a "performance" chassis.

Thanks for the link - figured I would check on it again when I change the oil, Just wiped it down with a rag and brake clean. My CDI does the same thing but much worse. A proper catch can may help.

Quote:
If there is a complaint of high oil consumption and oil is found in the turbocharger, it should not be
immediately concluded that the turbocharger is faulty. If oil is present in the fresh air pipe before the
turbochargers, then the entire engine must be checked for leaks. The cause of an excessive blow-
by gas flow rate may be faulty gaskets or crankshaft seals. Loose crankshaft seals may generate oil
consumption of up to 3l/1000km(3.2qt/621miles).

Quote:
PUMA case was opened and BMW NA states that the residual oil is due to blow by. They said that the blow by on the car is within the normal specs so they won't be doing anything about it.

Imagine if you bent the wheel on track at speed with that kind of caliper clearance... I can't get that out of my head.

Does anyone have any experience with the BMW calipers on track? What coating did they use on the pistons? How do the seals hold up (how long before they fry and crisp up without ducting)? What is their longevity before rebuild like compared to say a stoptech setup?

Last edited by Proctor750; 12-17-2018 at 09:34 AM..
Appreciate 0