View Single Post
      01-22-2018, 06:22 AM   #6
specka
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI BSM

Garage List
2017 BMW M2 LCI  [0.00]
I drove both A45 and M2 (and the RS3 Sedan) as part of my purchase process of the M2. As I posted elsewhere, the RS3 was the car I waited for and expected and wanted to love, but I didn't. It just left me a little cold and boy was I disappointed. I think it looks pretty average too.

A45 was just a car I never loved from the exterior or interior. I strongly dislike the look of this car but given its rep when it came out it had to be given a look. To drive it was fun - snappy, harsh and felt so fast to me. Like the RS3 I did not enjoy the AWD experience, but I do recall getting out and the heart rate was up.

But yeah, superficial and subjective as it is, I washed my M2 the other day and it just about stopped my heart when I came back to it parked on the street, it looked so sinister, and I find it an electrifying drive when the opportunity to get it into the twisty roads comes about.

I prefer the sound of the M2 by a significant margin, 4cyl can't compare to the inline 6.

Spoilt for choice, it's largely personal and they are all great cars, but very different cars.
Appreciate 0