2018 Audi Q2  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by g.lor View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wah View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by g.lor View Post
Hi everyone,
Just wanted to get some feedback and advice. I noticed today that the cfrp roof on my m2cs has a ripple/bulge deformity in it. It's hard to see in pictures but if you run your finger across the top of the roof you can definitely feel the bulge. Any other cs owners come across this? I park it in the garage at home and in a parking deck at work so it's not really exposed to any harsh conditions. I've made an appointment at my local bmw service center to get it checked out on Tuesday 04/20/21. I'll also try and call bmw USA customer support on Monday. I would think any repairs would be covered under warranty but it's scary to think that my whole roof might need to get replaced and I'm really bummed out about this. I'll follow up once I get more info from bmw.
Yikes! Was this something that developed over time or do you think it was delivered this way, but you just didn't notice it?
It was fine when I took delivery. I noticed it after I had left it out in the sun for a few hours while I was visiting friends. The roof panel was very hot to the touch. I'm thinking the carbon warped because of the heat? I didn't think this could happen, how does bmw expect us to enjoy our cars if we can't even leave it outside for a few hours.
wow that's gotta be concerning for CS owners, sorry to hear about that. If simply parking in the sun has caused this as you suspect then yours surely won't be the only one to suffer this fate.