08-25-2017, 02:50 PM   #12
Staszek
Schumacher
Rep
Drives: E30 325is,E93 M3,X7M50,F06 M6

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmorelli View Post
No kidding. As a CTO I get it. But basic stuff not working is a huge miss. BMW Connected Apps should be renamed BMW Wannabe Apps. After upteen generations, iDrive nagivation still lands one in the oddest places, especially going "back". That's just for starters. The iDrive map system, even after all these years is like using an abacus compared to a calculator.

The solution - buy a $70k replacement car because the interfaces and capabilities are inherently broken or incomplete, is not a customer-centric response. The embedded technology is not built to receive improvements. I still laugh that my wife's German Chevrolet - a 2010 VW - has working bluetooth while my $75k Z4 from 2011 is hamstrung. I'm a huge BMW fan, but I'm not going to put on the rose-colored goggles and play along with calling this evolution. It's a strategic miss.

Filippo

I agree with this, I actually like the iDrive system a lot except for the Apps, they are useless, there needs to be better integration.

Also the way the RSE is designed in our 2016 X5 is aweful, trying to get sound to work is sometimes infuriating through the iDrive remote.