Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAT TIME RULES View Post

I've been off track 4x's in the last 30 years where I needed to be towed, or pulled back on to the track surface.

Every one of those I was able to get out of my car and attach the tow hook provided by BMW. The tow truck comes out after a run session is over, and when they arrive you can get out of your car and attach it. There is no reason to stay in the car when the track is "cold". Especially when the tow driver is also outside of their truck...

If needed I could also hand the tow hook to the driver to thread it in.

Attaching the tow hook before a day of HPDE, or a Time trial is fine, but not required.

Running a hook or strap on the street for cosmetic reasons is up to each owner.

I just think its a lame mod, even if you're a track driver. At least with a strap you won't crush the bumpers of the cars you parallel park between.

IMHO a tow strap is as bad as a big wing on a car for the same reason.
Trying to apply whatever track events you run vs anyone else is where you're missing here.

I can tell you for a fact that the BMWCCA events I run around here, require a tow hook be attached before you ever venture out onto the track.

I'm not sure why this is so controversial to be honest.

If the tracks/events you run do not require it to be attached, fine. But that same does not apply to every organization across the country.
Appreciate 0