01-17-2019, 05:53 PM   #31
krizze
Lieutenant
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: 718 GT4 -Skoda Octavia VRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by widetyres View Post
I recently bought a 2016 plate M2 - loved it, but then made the massive mistake of driving my mates 1M - the steering was to die for in comparison.

I went on a mission to improve it and within 1.5 weeks have tried all 3 major steering options likely to be used on an M2 (all in the same vehicle).

Here is my comparison:

M2: Feel there, but shallow. No loading in corners. No bump/contour movement of steering wheel.

M2 LCI (effective after istep update): Feel improved. A lot of loading in corners and at speed, but almost too much – wheel was incredibly stiff at times. Initially liked it, but then realised that it didn't feel natural – it was artificially stiff. Steering wheel does move with contours of road, but it is dampened by the stiffness.

M2 Competition (F87CS coded using esys): Feel is amazing – great depth. Easily "feel" changes in road surface. Loading better in corners than F87.1 and lighter than LCI – could do with a little more loading ideally, but that is being super picky. No artificial feel; damping of the wheel suits the car. Steering wheel moves with contours of road.

Overall, very pleased with the F87CS option!

In fact, it's such a step forward, that the first day I drove it I realised that I'd got most of the way to work without any radio – I was too busy "listening" to the steering wheel - and this was on a fairly smooth dual carriage way! – I think that says it all! And down a country lane it is sublime.

I'm honestly blown away by how good the car is now - the combination of ISTEP upgrades (e.g. traction, engine) with the Competition steering is just amazing.

Steps to get there:
1) Get your car updated to the latest ISTEP version (still worth doing even if you have an LCI as the F87CS steering has evolved over the last year).

2) Get Esys and learn about coding with this simple to follow guide:
https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=715297

3) Code the EPS module's "variantencodierung normal" option to "F87CS"

4) Enjoy a truly great car!

Note the above is based on ISTEP version F020-18-07-547
Hello, I'm interested in getting this done, which modes do you see the most difference in? Or are you talking in normal mode with no sport or sport plus? I hate it in normal mode and in sport plus it's a little too twitchy.

So based on what you've wrote I'm interested in the F87CS can you supply more info?
Appreciate 0