Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCfromOC View Post
Photoshopped.
Bimmerpost [read: BMWBlog] has a pretty good guess at Hockenheim Silver on their front page with the info everyone is freaking out about.
Link please.... I did not find that information. I will go to the IAA next week and sit down with BMW to discuss things on my business and personal agenda.
Let's wait and see if there is a car painted in Hockenheim Silver at the show and if not let's see what rumours are floating around the journalists.
MR
The render shown in the BMWBlog article was originally posted in October 2015 (see here). Nowhere does BMWBlog claim that the body color shown in that particular M2 render should be understood to be the all-new Hockenheim Silver Metallic color. To my understanding BMWBlog used that render merely as illustration for the article.

Dackelone posted it over here in July 2016 (see here):

A similar render (lighter and without photoshopped roll cage) was posted over here at Bimmerpost in October 2015 by forum fellow nhagg (see here):

No pictures have surfaced yet of how 'Hockenheim Silber Metallic' looks (BMW paint code C33), but the name inevitably reveals that it's a "Silver" and no "Grey" + this paint starts to show up in touch-up car paint sites (see for example here and here).

Reposting a couple of 2015 silver renders made by forum fellow Paul-Bracq-BMW:

M2 in gorgeous 'Pure Metal Silver' (BMW paint code P13) by Japanese tuner 3D Design (real car - no Photoshop render) (see here):