11-30-2020, 08:15 AM   #19
jritt@essex
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: e90 335i, NSX, 997.2, 987.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_m2 View Post
Hi guys, got some Ferodo DS2500 fitted all round. The last time I had new pads fitted I think I may have been slightly too heavy on getting them warm to get bed in and may have made the judder worse?

Anyway the new pads are fitted and already have a really sharp nice bite on them. I have not done any specific bedding in this time or got lots of heat into them yet. I have done a few sharp stops but nothing heavy.

Do we think it would be okay just to drive round normally and slowly use more and more pressure the more miles I do with use or would it be highly recommended to do lots or repeat stops to get them hot?

Want to try my best to avoid creating any more judder as this really got under my skin last time.

Thanks guys
If you have any concerns that there still may be uneven pad deposits/judder, then do not bed them in/get them super hot. Your best bet is to drive them around cold, which will continue to scrape the pad material off the disc faces. Once you believe the disc faces are clean and free of pad material, only then do you want to bed them in.
Appreciate 0