11-25-2020, 07:24 PM   #4
Karmic Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfade View Post
I personally like ec-7 in race silver. My M2C is H. silver and not sure if race silver or anthracite is better for that color car. Something of note as far as tire widths depending intended use. A 30mm diff. in staggered my cause more understeer than desired. A 20mm diff may be more neutral. I plan 285 rear and 265 front when I do go ec-7.
You will never experience understeer on the street with a 265 front. Understeer only comes up while the front grip is degrading faster than the rear at the time when the tyres are generating both longitudinal and lateral acceleration simultaneously. In principle, a 275 front (on a wheel with sufficient width) would have a higher tolerance to traction degradation than a 265, regardless of the size of the rear tyres. That means to reduce understeer, worry about the size of the front tyres, not the rear.

Obviously, a square setup on a car with 50:50 weight distribution, both front and rear would degrade at a fairly similar rate so all the tyres would lose grip and slip at around the same time, at the same rate so the handling would be neutral.
Appreciate 0