Quote:
Originally Posted by f87CSdrifterential View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew415 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by f87CSdrifterential View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew415 View Post
anyone have news on the Carbahn piggyback tune? Is it the same as this?
Announced on their facebook page today to cover the C & the CS. Nearly double the price of the Dinan and you can add a warranty. Plus a stage 2 unit available with warranty as well.

https://carbahnautoworks.com/product...f87-m2c-m2-cs/
yeah I was like their first customer haha. installed it already and it feels amazing!
Ignoring the ability to add their engine warranty, do you know what it does differently, if anything, to warrant double the price?

The Dinan unit notes power increase for the C and does not mention a CS. They show a C at ~480/490 while Carbahn Stage 1 claims ~500/530 on a C or a CS, 20/40 difference. If the CS is truly underrated in BMW's HP claim that is a lot of money to make ~50HP more, but a lot of torque (since this is the same on both C and CS)

For $250 more over Stage 1 the Carbahn Stage 2 (needs to be edited in the description so it does state Stage 2) puts out ~530/560 on a C or CS. Again, if you believe BMW, on a CS at BMW factory stated numbers that is an 80/160 gain. Seems to be all about the torque.

The Dinan seems like a boost stacker on top of the stock PSI settings and Carbahn is presumably doing the same, but if so how does it yield the same results on both the C and the CS?
I bought the warranty just in case but hardware wise - the harness has an extra port that plugs into the front cam censor. I believe the dinan unit only plugs into maf sensors - 2 locations vs Carbahn has 3.

Tune wise, the dyno charts look pretty similar but that's a question you should ask Carbahn. All I can say is, sport mode feels like the old sport plus. Sport plus feels like a new car.

Stage 2 warrants an upgrade for the FMIC so it's more costly than ~$250 if you want to be safe.
Appreciate 0