TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Score04 View Post
I own an ACURA RSX TYPE-S since new and first brake job for all wheels was at 36,000 miles driving normally and not beating it down. So, I would think most bmws would need a brake job between 36k and 50k miles so that does hurt this maintenance plan especially since it seems the cost of it is around $1,100 (doing it yourself) - $2,100 at BMW dealership. It is a wake up call experience compared to the Japanese brands brake job that is $400 (doing it yourself) - $800 dealership.
I would consider myself somewhere between the average car buyer and hardcore enthusiast who tracks their car - I will drive the car hard when possible but for the most part, it's a daily driver. I got around changing rotors and pads past 100,000km, when the sensor triggered. Total cost? Around $640 CAD tax incl.
  • 4 rotors ($400)
  • Front/rear pads w/ sensors ($240)

That's DIY with OEM parts from BMW and if you wanted to go aftermarket (but still OEM manufacturer), price of DIY can easily be between $500-$550. Note, this is all in Canadian dollars so in the States, it's probably even cheaper.

Never had any experience with M cars and how fast they go through brakes with normal driving but for base model cars (3er in my case), they last past the original 4 years/50,000 mile maintenance period with normal driving - something that 90% of buyers are probably doing.

Last edited by TheBingoBalls; 01-10-2016 at 12:43 PM..
Appreciate 0