View Single Post
      02-21-2020, 05:16 PM   #222
Conissah
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenerbahce View Post
It's different in that it's adding additional piping, bends, and weight relative to an unequal-length setup. Can you elaborate on how this would improve performance over an equivalent, unequal-length setup? If there are performance benefits, that obviously changes things.
Equal length setups (whether it be headers or down pipes, or possibly even an entire mid pipe), often take advantage of scavenging. There is a ton and a half of research around exhaust scavenging, but it mostly only applies to headers/manifolds. I'm not necessarily claiming that this equal length setup will result in more power than an unequal length setup, but I'm also not saying the opposite; just that it COULD have an advantage. It's so far back that it'll be neglible, if anything at all.

I'm in the market for an exhaust, and since the car already weighs so dang much, I don't really care if an UEL setup weighs 10 lbs less than a EL setup. It's such a tiny margin that it won't matter. I'm just looking for what sounds the best and what is priced appropriately. Both of those criteria are purely opinions.
Appreciate 0