MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flange View Post
The fact that a cat back system can trigger engine lights is ridiculous- surely the manufacturers of such systems should take this into consideration? I’ll soon be having the Milltek race exhaust fitted and will be pretty pissed off if my dash looks like a Christmas tree.
Depends what you are doing... Are you going GPF-back not removing the GPF? If so, then there could be the chance it happens. Nobody has shared any reports or tested it so far, as far as I am aware. All systems I have sold to owners and seen online are full cat-back systems with GPF replacement pipes. All these people need ECU/DME tuning to make it work.

The REMUS RACE, Zaustworx and Eisenmann RACE non-homologated systems have reportedly given the engine warning light / limp mode issue. For the REMUS (Joe Achilles) and Zaustworx (Czech friend of mine) have both reported it directly to me. I believe Eisenmann was mentioned here in the forum.

No news on the Milltek yet, but let us know what happens. Normal versions of the same axle-back aftermarket systems have not shown the issue, and seem to be OK. Example is the REMUS homologated system (also used by AC Schnitzer) and there all is fine, no errors. I would like to test the M Performance system on a OPF EU car. That would be really interesting.

MR
Appreciate 0