MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxified View Post
This thread is for EU spec vehicles only, since NA vehicles do not have the OPF/GPF. Please correct me if i am wrong.
As mentioned in the beginning of the text... You don't have them yet on BMW cars in NA. Other manufacturers do install them on cars that are going to the US. Mercedes is a good example of this. Their AMGs come with active or passive OPF systems in the US. It is just a matter of time the US will have them as well. I think the M2C will never ever get them but future M products might come with them.

Main reason will be standardization of model variants, emission regulations (e.g. California) and exterior noise regulations which have been agreed between 44 different countries and are currently slowly being implemented on the first cars. The AMG A45 S is the first clear example of it where static revving hardly produces any soundtrack and only on the move you have some pops and crackles from the exhaust.

The automotive world is changing people... And faster than most of us are aware off. To quote Luke Skywalker; "This is not going to go the way you think."

MR

Last edited by MR.; 09-19-2019 at 03:06 PM..
Appreciate 0