03-30-2019, 04:11 AM   #259
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM2Power View Post
7" VRSF combined with DEI Water sprayer and Cry02 C02 intercooler sprayer....I can bring my I/C to -40*F before or during a run. Keeps IATS under 90* on hottest days
Very nice, but there are downsides to your setup.

1) Your IC sprayer + CO2 sprayer are consumable, once they run out the IATS will spike again, plus they don't last very long on constant spray for track usage. For drag racing it is a very nice setup, something I've played around with on my various subarus due to the top mount intercooler not getting any air flow when the car is stopped thus getting heat soaked.

2) The water spraying imo isn't very ideal because the engine bay eventually gets really humid and that attributes to corrosion.

3) I don't know if this is a huge issue with the BMW crowd since no one has really pushed very far with CO2 cooling, and the Intercooler is front mounted. But in the subaru community IIRC there was a case where the top mount intercooler was sprayed with excessive CO2 it filled the engine bay and got sucked into the intake and messed up afrs. This only happened when the car was at low speeds.

4) Adding extra water and a CO2 bottle also adds alot of weight, but the gains are very nice.

IMO this setup is probably better for drag racing since you only need to have enough consumables for 1 pull vs. a track session where you can go for 15mins - 1 hour or more.

Overall that sounds like a sweet setup man, do you have any pictures or a thread I can look at?