Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxyion View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKutta View Post
Why not? I'm in my 40s and a long time BMW owner/driver and this is my first M. Timing is perfect, I have multiple cars and the M2 is the perfect drivers car for me. It is everything I want without spending $100k. I wouldn't have this as my only car (maybe an M5), but the M2 can serve as my daily driver or weekend car..
Haha my quip about being in my 40's was less about the age and more i dont know if i want to wait another 5-7 years. I do agree with you though, right now the M2C ticks every single box i want ticked.

Looks good
Enough storage for a set of track wheels
4 seats
2-doors
400hp
Manual
Strong proven engine
50/50 weight distribution
Limited Slip Diff

I expect to keep this car for a long time if possible.
One word of advice as someone whose wife had a leased 228i before her M3 that we got a great lease deal on, if you want to get out of it, do it soon and when the negative equity you have in it is still reasonable to come out of pocket on or roll in to the M2C (or try to do a lease takeover and have someone else take it off your hands).

The reason I say this is, despite the amazing deal we got on it, she was virtually $5-14k under on that car the entire lease term (it was honestly cheaper to just hold on to the 228 and have 3 cars for 9 months then to try and trade it in or sell it). They lease well but the used market value on it is total shit.

If you don't carefully calculate this, you will be keeping that bloody thing until the very end of the lease because of the ever increasing hit you will take trying to get rid of it otherwise. Sooner the better (if negative equity is reasonable for you to cover). It sucks, but it's the name of the game.

EDIT: Also, my post in the above is objectively terrible financial advice. That being said, love for cars is not rational or logical, it's emotional. If you wanted to be rational and be financially sound, you'd drive a 7-10 year old Honda that's paid off. So take my above with a grain of salt and do what makes the most sense to you.
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 0