View Single Post
      10-13-2020, 05:50 PM   #60
kart driver
Captain
Rep
Drives: M & GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montaver View Post
It was a disappointment, I owned once hence I can say that. I did 6K street miles and 3 track days which is plenty to form an opinion. It left me cold, I sold it after 9 months and took a $15K bath in the process. The E9x M3 has a much higher quality interior, significantly better sound system (the M2 HK system is offensively bad), and because they didn't remove all the sound deadening ala the M2 it doesn't sound like a tin can on a cruise. Engine wise there is literally no contest, the S55 is a dull turbo motor whereas the S65 is one of the finest V8's ever made. Steering feel, sound.. the M2C is not even on the same level. My E90 M3 was very reliable. You can also buy a good E9x M3, look after it and not lose a single $ in depreciation. The only area the M2C improves is the differential (the M diff is excellent on track), chassis stiffness, technology, and the fact you can get a warranty. You can also tune it if you like stoplight racing. But ultimately the juice isn't worth the squeeze because the 'intangibles' that make a car an emotional experience to drive just aren't there in the M2C, whatever mods you throw at them. That's just my opinion though, if others feel differently good on them.

As for Chris Harris I very much respect his opinion, he bought the M2C because he was putting too many miles on the 1M. Bear in mind he also has many other cars to drive. I owned the M2C and formed my own opinion, what other reviewers who had the car for 10 minutes have to say doesn't really interest me. Hence why I read forums, because you can get actual information on owning cars not a spec readout followed by some drifts around an airfield.

I did own m3 e92 and it was also:
- significantly better interrior materials
- first reliable m3
- glorious V8
- better stereo sound
- exhaust sound (probably the best of M3s ever as per my taste)

But what is definitely better in M2C is:
- handling and chassis
- shorter wheelbase which delivers more fun while driving it

I let go M5 f90 after 12 months of ownership as it turned out to be a boring car. The M2C is pretty fun and I am enjoying it in its form.
I also own 991.2 GT3 and it is a totally different car but I jump in M2C from time to time and find it also a great car to drive.

P.S. I don’t think M2cs is making any sense given its price range. For this price Cayman GTS 4.0 is by far a better choice hands down.
Appreciate 1
Montaver2066.50