Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3t3p View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahaf2911 View Post
I'm not quite sure I've got a spark plug socket but if I do I'll change 1 with 2 and 3 with 4 and do the logs, but if I'll do it I'll write it down in the post after I'll log.
Thanks A LOT for the help and advise!, I'll probably do the logs tonight when I go to the supermarket lol

Well it depends what you define as crazy speeds, ~220km/h (~130 miles/h) is undeniably fast but the car is built for it, it's done on empty roads and on a long straight road meaning you do it as safely as possible without taking too much risks and not putting others at risk.
I would never drive that fast while passing cars and without a barrier between upcoming traffic as it's not the most brilliant idea so safety precautions are taken
And why ? Because you want and have to check that your car is running properly so it won't get destroyed, mechanically speaking, so it's done by logging it (No one has a dyno at home unfortunately lol).
I know the car is built for it, what I'm getting at is the nonchalant manner in which people say 'do logs' which could mean points on license if caught or worse?!

Why don't 2nd gear pulls suffice? Too much wheelspin?
DME has torque limiters embedded deep within its logic for 1st and 2nd gears. Datalogs could be less meaningful ie despite pedal being at 100% the throttle may lag and or not get to 100% given 2nd gear WOT pull will be short in terms of duration

Current '22 X3M LCI..
Appreciate 0