View Single Post
      09-25-2020, 01:49 AM   #97
K_C_
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallHog5873 View Post
I know we tend to come here only when stuff goes wrong with products, and since I have had a bad time with THOR and complained about the product and support ( justifiably ) here on this site I thought I would give an update and some good news ( and bad lol )

I figured out why the hardwire connection using my Android device wouldn't take. The Ethernet setting has be turned off before setting it up...toggle off Ethernet, put in the settings for the connection, hit save, and then turn ethernet back on and open THOR app.
I was finally able to flash GTS setting for DCT after numerous failed attempts using the WIFI dongle. This confirms for me that the WIFI connection is the source of many problems with this product.

I will say I am very happy with the GTS DCT setting. Trying to flash it with the WIFI dongle failed every time, so this was good news when it went through easily with the hard wired connection last night. I've taken a couple drives and can say that its great, it retains the smoothness of the CS setting, but feels more aggressive and gave me back my burbles which I had lost in the CS setting. Car feels super eager and fun to drive.

So tonight I thought I would try the DYNAMICS package again. I was never able to successfully flash this over the summer with the WIFI dongle. Failed every time and I was lucky to be able to flash back to SERIES. At that point I had given up, but with the new wired connection working on the DCT flash I figured I would give it another shot tonight.
No luck. Connection is not the problem, using same connection as last night, car successfully connects to app. I started with the M2C package and it wouldn't start, tried again...same, tried GTS...same. Each time just as it was starting the flash I got this error and had to abort......

Anyone come across this while trying to flash? I suppose I will send to Thor support but am not expecting much at this point considering their track record.
Nice to hear you got the Dynamic Package flashed!! Hope you can sort out the DCT package soon!!
Appreciate 0