09-22-2020, 08:43 PM   #1639
papibigred
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘21 BMW, M2C; ‘18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///AVM View Post
OK Gang, next segment of MY journey . . . wanted to make the beast a bit nastier.

Got the ///M Performance Exhaust and Coilovers installed today at local BMW dealership.

Coilovers were obtained for primarily aesthetic purposes. Could not stand the huge fender-to-tire gaps on stock suspension, particularly the fact that the front gap was more than twice that of the rear. Of note, I evaluated with and without spacers after the technician and I dialed in height . . . ended up going with 10mm Burger spacers on all four corners.

Despite my pleasure with the aesthetic outcome, I came away equally impressed with the improved ride and handling at BMW recommended rebound and compression settings. The two words that come instantly to mind are SOFTER ride and TIGHTER handling. Will require some more seat time to determine if I will chase ‘better’ by tweaking settings, but I am more than pleased with the current ride and handling.

I did not want the MPE, but brother JCZ5 insisted . . . dude loves to spend my money. At any rate, my upfront thoughts were that I would be getting an obnoxious system that droned and overwhelmed the sweet S55 acoustics coming from under the hood. I could not be more wrong in my prejudice. . .

The MPE transforms the stock exhaust note into a wonderful GROWL that does not overwhelm the engine acoustics, rather, enhances the overall acoustic experience. No drone whatsoever and, as you move from Efficient to Sport to Sport Plus the decibels seem to match-up nicely with the level of driving enthusiasm. Given the fact that I did not even want the MPE, I have to say the system absolutely blew my expectations away.

I know folks around these parts love their pics. Here you go . . . Enjoy.

///AVM
Looks amazing! Why the MPE rather than Dinan or others?
Appreciate 2
///AVM2528.00
boss2k1040.50