View Single Post
      09-18-2020, 09:55 AM   #652
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECAM3 View Post
Are you sure you want this car regardless of a couple thousand one way or another? I've been in similar spots and then had Buyer's remorse. Make sure you get what you really want.
I've wanted an M2 since the day they've arrived. The M2C only upped that. At all the M school events I've done in the past year or so, everyone wanted to be in the new M5C or the M4 GTS Ice Racer...I was the guy (one of a few) saying "I just want to get back in the M2."

That said, as it got later into the cycle I figured I'd just hold out until the next iteration...then some of the details on the new one came out and I wasn't keen on it. This happens simultaneously with the announcement of the end of ED. That really pushed me.

Couple this with Covid and the realization that I probably have a 2-3 year window of not having to deal with any seriously bad traffic (my normal commute to DTLA was about 2-2.5 hours a day total), and thus the same window to get back into a manual transmission, and yea I do want it. I just wanted to get a consolation for missing ED.

So, what's actually telling me no? It's the FOMO on an another ED period. My concern is that Porsche will soon pull the plug, and if I have this car for a few years before I can get one of those, I'll never get to do another ED again, period.

So, to sum up the above...
Appreciate 0