05-23-2020, 06:37 AM   #1
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
European Owners Only - BMW M2 Competition Replacement Brake Kit

As many of you know, my M2C has had now twice the damage on the barrel of my BBS FI-R’s due to a stone getting stuck between the barrel and the brake caliper of the stock M-Sport brake kit (silver caliper).

Many of you know that I have a few contacts in the aftermarket world and the last few weeks I have been working on a possible solution for you guys asking two partners for a solution on the matter of the brake kit.

To solve this situation and deal with the weight problems of the complete set up at the front axle, I decided to find some solutions for us Europeans. I reached out to a number of companies and those came back with two suitable options for us to consider. Those were AP Racing and Nashin brakes.

Below you will find the AP Racing offering, the Nashin offering and the weight comparison between the two! I had to wait so long to release it because of getting the weight numbers correct.

OPTION 1: AP Racing
In collaboration with Senkyr Motorsport (local importer for AP Racing) in Brno, Czech Republic we had a look at a brake kit from AP Racing. The owner Robert Senkyr and his team developed their own kit based around AP racing parts, which was being installed on a M2C in their workshop when I met up with Robert a few weeks ago. I saw the kit and it offered considerably more space between the caliper and barrel of the rim.

They made me the following offers!

The track/road setup is as follows:
Front: 6-pot caliper Radical II, 378x36mm disc
Price: € 3.599 / £ 3,182.50 netto excluding VAT

Rear: 4-pot caliper Radical II, 378x28mm disc
Price: € 3.480 / £ 3,077 netto excluding VAT

The complete kit for each axle includes: two calipers, two discs, brake pads Ferodo DS2500, brake lines and brake fluid. The caliper color choice is red or black.

The track setup is as follows:
Front: 6-pot caliper 5000R Pro, 378x36mm disc
Price: € 3.799 / £ 3,359 netto excluding VAT

Rear: 4-pot caliper 5000R Pro, 355x28mm disc
Price: € 3.580 / £ 3,165.75 netto excluding VAT

The complete kit for each axle includes: two calipers, two discs, brake pads Endless MX72, brake lines and brake fluid. The caliper color choice is grey. Adapters and brackets are in black.

Images provide an indication on the looks of the kit! They are not 100% the same as the final product. Please be aware.
Attached Images

Last edited by MR.; 05-23-2020 at 07:00 AM..
Appreciate 0