View Single Post
      02-17-2020, 12:46 PM   #26
Nezil
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI '18 6MT M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by waddafucc View Post
thanks for the response. i feel like part of my just wants to jump the gun and order a custom tune. i believe that if im going that route. the tuner can tailor my tune around the shitty gas we have. but it's safer, could possibly have more power, and more convenient than doin methanol injections. california gas a bit*h. i usually fill at shell in the east side of san jose. it sucks that the acn91 OTS don't feel like they're OTS but its not their fault though.
what do you think of my datalogs. were they similar to yours?

datalogs
4th gear pull
http://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5e461272d10b432feef14a9b

rough idle??
http://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5e479727c090c640543734de
The data logs only show timing on one cylinder. You really need all 6 to get a sense of what's going on, but even with that, it doesn't look great. Your turbo-fold is slightly different from an M2, so there might be some differences there that are impacting you. Do you have a high flow cat / catless downpipe? Have you upgraded your spark plugs yet?

A custom tune won't give you any benefits if this is what you're seeing with the ACN map. I had a tuner offer me a custom tune for free a year or so back, but he was basically offering to remove over-boost from the stock map to increase safety with our fuel.

I think the thing you need to understand is that with CA 91 fuel, regardless of the gas station (within reason), doesn't even allow the stock map to make full power. If you're looking for more power, you need to address the octane issue first. A custom map won't do that for you at all.

I don't want to imply that a custom map isn't worthwhile... It absolutely is, but only once you have the supporting modifications to allow the custom map to make any difference at all.

My suggestions would be the following, if you've not done them already:
  • High Flow Cat / Catless Downpipe
  • 97506 plugs
  • E20 E85 blend (~1.25 US Gallons of E85 per fill of the tank, assuming you fill as soon as the first low fuel warning comes on) or Boostane for a few tanks
Once you validate that octane really is the issue (with logs), you can decide where to go from there on, based on the advice I gave in the previous post.

Obviously, you know the route I took, and I have a whole thread about my install and setup. I'd be happy to meet up and show you the install if you're interested, but there is not a lot to see because I kept it looking as stock as possible.

Current Performance Mods:
CSF FMIC, ER CP, Fabspeed Cat, Aquamist WMI, GFB DV+, NGK 97506, BM3 (Stage 2 93 OTS), CDV delete, UCP, M2C/M3/M4 Strut Brace, M3/M4 Reinforcement Rings
Appreciate 0