View Single Post
      08-12-2018, 05:17 PM   #20
SickFinga
Captain
Rep
Drives: *

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
Wow, the frozen dark grey will look amazing. Frozen sunset orange? Not sure about that one.

Do all previous BMWs with frozen paint have either a CF roof or black glossy clearcoated roof? I wonder if they are doing that to avoid damage to the satin clear from birds and tree sap (roof most vulnerable), or just for looks?

No, I don't think I've actually seen a frozen color with a black roof. There were plenty of non-frozen colors with black contrasting roof before though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhouse View Post

I really hope this is a mistake or a one-off thing. I totally would have waited on my order if they were going to start doing individual colours :
Definitely not a mistake. I'm not really sure what to make of this. I'd say it is a special edition, but BMW doesn't usually build more than one early PR car. This time there are two identical Frozen Orange cars built back to back.

As for a customer car, these are too similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. View Post
Car is then not painted at Leipzig, but at Dingolfing.

MR
This gets repeated over and over and it is not true. All Individual colored 1Ms and the sole N55 M2 were painted in Leipzig. Only plastic bits like bumpers were painted at another plant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellrotm View Post
Interesting find OP? Where did you get this info?
Randomly stumbled upon the build sheets.
Appreciate 6
SW192453.00
10"4973.00
JustChris17485.50
Dackelone10531.50