View Single Post
      08-20-2016, 10:05 PM   #12
TTBear
Captain
Rep
Drives: '20 Huracán/'19 M2Comp/'23 X4M

That's weird. I live in Saskatchewan, which has as bad winters as pretty much anywhere.

We have had XPel on our cars for the last couple decades, and I have NEVER had any issues whatsoever with anything getting trapped underneath the edges of the film. That includes a dozen cars. Not one issue. I was actually surprised to read that there are some people who have had issues.

Currently, my wife has an X6M that has extensive coverage, and my own M235i also has similar coverage. Never, ever had an issue with edges. That said, the installer that we use is superlative in his work - he wraps whatever edges he can.

If you really can't stand the thought of swirl marks, get the whole car covered with XPel Ultimate, but be extraordinarily careful with your wash techniques - Ultimate is amazing, and will heal, but it's not perfect. Better yet, apply Ultimate, and then top it with a ceramic coating. I have had Wolfgang Uber Ceramic on top of my XPel Ultimate for the past two years, and the surface looks perfect. (That said, I am about the most OCD person in the world with regards to my paint!)(You don't need to be as anal as I am, though).
You can top XPel with a nanocoating. They state this on the XPel web site. Also, you can lightly polish the XPel itself. I have used Menzerna Micropolish and a blue Lake Country pad, with excellent results.

I would think that those who have had problems with crap getting lodged under the edges of their clear bras have had a sub-par installation, or are perhaps using sub-optimal wash techniques (pressure washing too close to edges, maybe)?