View Single Post
      10-24-2018, 09:22 AM   #33
dvas
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 - Mineral Gray, 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimOudin View Post
Yeah, a bit of an apples v. oranges comparison, plus the price on those NT01 aren’t going to be best anytime soon!
Not sure why you think it's not a fair comparison. Both are DOT compliant for competition designed tires under 200 treadwear. If anything, I would have expected the SC2s to have some more positive attributes given they cost almost twice as much and that they come as OEM on a number of vehicles. I would choose NT01 over SC2s in every scenario except driving in the rain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
Cup2's can't really function as a street tire any more than a NT01 with tread can. They are both noisy, horrible in water and not durable. Plus if you drive them around on the street you'll just heat cycle them out.
I drove SC2s on street/track all of last year and my experience was that yes, they are noisy, stiff, and almost unacceptable in rain. I didn't experience any heat cycling issues. Having said that, I would have no problem driving SC2s on the street other than they are over-kill for anything anyone would need for street driving and that they are overly expensive. NT01s on the other hand squarely belong on track.
Appreciate 0