View Single Post
      08-07-2020, 10:09 PM   #198
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

ZM2

Did you ever solve you high coolant temps? Because I was thinking about your situation recently compared to other m2 owners (reasonably capable track drivers) who are on the stock radiator with a tune and turbo upgrade and had no real heat issues, and I wondered how did you bleed your CSF radiator? Did you bleed it with the standard low beams on, max heater temp, and pedal to the floor for a couple of seconds until the coolant pump activated? Or did you bleed with a pneumatic bleeder that bmw recommends. Because if you did the former then you may have bubbles trapped in the CSF radiator which may have inhibited the full potential of the CSF radiator. If not then I suppose the CSF radiator is really not up to the task of cooling a modded m2, and the race spec version is probably needed.

I'm just bringing this up because I wanted to do a coolant bleed myself this summer and when I looked through the TIS I noticed a pneumatic vacumn bleeder was required and due to the pandemic these things are hard to get right now locally so I am postponing this whole coolant bleeding thing until next year.
ZM22813.50