View Single Post
      06-11-2020, 03:50 PM   #231
nothingman
Private NumNuts
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 GT4

Garage List
I hate to do this, but I'm honestly extremely disappointed that this lip has had so many delays and we keep being given promises by AUTOID of dates that come and go. The problem is, this is the only Comp-style OG lip in town and all of the others seem to be Sabon Carbon knockoffs or resells. I want to continue supporting Jack and AutoID, but my patience is wearing thin. Granted, COVID hit and all but to be pushed back to July? Jack mentioned starting it almost a year ago! This is ridiculous.

5/31/2019 I started this thread looking for a Comp style lip for the OG
6/30/2019 Jack@AUTOID asked if we would be interested if they can create it
7/05/2019 Jack@AUTOID said he would update us as they progress
11/19/2019 Jack@AUTOID , "If everyone is still keen, we're looking to have the mould and samples finished before Christmas. Deliveries to customers Jan 2020"
12/19/2019 Jack@AUTOID , "First sample is scheduled for end of this month. First deliveries Jan 2020."
1/05/2020 Jack@AUTOID , "Please accept my apologies for the delay but we have finished our design and are now producing the first sample. Please note that this is a rough sample and will be used to confirm fitment - the final product will be a TRE level of quality."
1/31/2020 Jack@AUTOID , "Hey everyone. Sorry for the radio silence. Just to keep you in the loop. This is still happening! Our delivery date has been pushed back to 3rd week of March though"
3/12/2020 Jack@AUTOID , "Guys, we're pleased to share some great news. Following months of development and testing, the lip now available for pre-order! Deliveries begin April 2020."
3/12/2020 *new design has completely wrong winglets from previous examples
3/26/2020 Jack@AUTOID , "Here you go guys. Latest sample finished and fitted. Couple of revisions still needed but we'll get to work on those. Still aiming for the April deadline despite COVID"
4/01/2020 Jack@AUTOID , "COVID and this have pushed deliveries back ever so slightly, but only a 10 days or so"
4/15/2020 Jack@AUTOID , "We now anticipate first lips will arrive in the US May 18th."
5/20/2020 Jack@AUTOID ,"We’re at the final hurdle now, so I’d like to take a moment to say a massive thank you for supporting AUTOID. We’re very grateful for your trust in us in coming through on this project.
6/11/2020 Sam@AUTOID "Our estimated ship date is the start of July."