View Single Post
      05-22-2020, 11:12 PM   #182
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM2 View Post

You’re not reading the data correctly and in the way that really matters.
Lol, this will be good.

Quote:
In VRSF’s own chart it shows about a 5F rise in IAT in 3-4 on a 75F day.
Actually, it shows that the starting temps are lower at the end of the run compared to where it was started.

Quote:
Plus, their pull is 2-3-4. Frankly, that’s lame. 4-5-6 creates much more heat than 2-3-4. Their data does not bode well for hot track days when you’re never in 2nd, hardly in 3rd, and mostly in 4-5-6.
Excuse me for laughing, but I was at 140mph in 4th gear at PBIR, I’m not aware of any tracks outside of VIR that will allow me to hit 5th gear, but automatics may vary.

But compared to how you were arguing a month ago that hitting 140* in every gear was ok, it seems that you have changed your tune. The temp increase is not linear, and it doesn’t mean it will increase by x amount over X time.

Quote:
Whereas, I have data from the Evo3 on 90-95F days showing IAT drop in 3, stable in 4, and a cpl degree increase in 5 and 6. This is even with hard braking events between pulls, something none of these IC manufactures ever show!
Feel free to post it. But it’s impossible for an air to air inter cooler to cool below ambient.

Quote:
I’m not brand faithful, I’m solution faithful. From what I’ve seen the VRSF Race won’t hold up compared to the Evo3, but like I said bolt one up and let’s compare some logs!
Lol, then you haven’t been looking. You argued with me for 2 months about the Evo 2 cooling better than a bar and plate intercooler that was smaller than the Wagner - the facts show that it cooled better. You argued that the bar and plate was inferior in construction, that ‘you cool down faster in the turns with the Wagner’

All false.

I prefer to review the data myself if you don’t mind, I just don’t trust you to be unbiased.
Appreciate 0