Driver - Autocross
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_otherM235i View Post
i use MHD's software to run the water pump a lot faster than stock, even when i'm pushing the car hard i don't see oil temps higher than 110C and that's if i'm really beating it up. My car likes to sit around 89c 92c on most days.
I don't have engine cooling issues unless it's a 90F+ open track day and I'm doing >25min sessions. Are you talking about tracking or driving around town?

Are you sure MHD is actually running the pump faster than stock when the car is hot, vs just kicking in higher water pump speeds as the car is heating up? If that later, that would just buy an extra lap or two by keeping the car a little cooler in the beginning of a track session.
All I know is that if I set it to stock, my water temperatures are much higher everywhere even with just normal driving, my coolant temp will be in the 100c range.

If I use MHDs "track" setting it keeps the coolant at 82c across the board all the time, hense keeping my oil ALOT cooler.
16 M235xi 8ZF Black on Red FBO: Xhp trans tune -BMS Intake - VRSF Catless DownPipe - VRSF CP - VRSF Muffler delete/resonator - n22 plugs - MHD stage 2+ 95map - Wagner EVO II Preformace IC - Rear seat delete - weight reduction/stripping -FTP 18.5in rims - Hawk HPS front pads - StopTech STR 660 fluid
Appreciate 1
ZM22810.50