V.Smurf
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 LBB DCT (LCI) | X3 30i

Hi Prodigy,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy. View Post
Pretty sure Fab is like myself now and has used 3M tape to adhere the front plate on
I asked the dealer about installing the plate like Fab had done (below the bumper, but covering part of the radiator), and they won't do that. I guess that Fab has moved his plates now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy. View Post
3M tape to adhere the front plate on, I'd suggest doing the same and for the rear also, atleast until Lakin is back open, unless you want to drill holes in the plate.
I'm pretty new to modifying the car ... going to have a crack at a few things ... so I'm not familiar with 3M tape. Obviously its something double-sided ... but is it a special automotive type of tape..? And where do I get it ...? Bunnings..? (can't see anything on their website)

And great suggestion about using the tape until Lakin is back in business

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_stp View Post
anyone tried this? http://secureaplate.net.au
Looks like it might be possible for the rear, but not the front. I don't know the dimensions of the plates I'm getting, so I'm going to email the vplates guys and ask. I also don't know what the space is between the holes in the boot lid ... which is an important detail when figuring out which backing plate to buy.

Is there any reason that something like this wouldn't work..? Is it legal to fit a number plate via the towing hook..?

Cheers,
Appreciate 0